This position is primarily responsible for providing technical expertise related to Automated People Mover (APM) systems, troubleshoot complex problems related to electro/mechanical systems and subsystems, and develop solutions, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for all technical issues related to the APM systems. Record the maintenance activities on all systems in the Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS) and ensure that preventive maintenance activities are being performed in compliance with recommended schedules.
- Troubleshoot problems with systems, identify causes, develop repair plan, and communicate plans to technical staff.
- Perform failure and root cause analysis on APM systems as necessary. Create and/or review service disruption, failure analysis and root cause analysis reports, identify trends and develop processes to alleviate and minimize recurring failures.
- Coordinate with MHIA engineering department staff to resolve technical issues requiring documentation or drawing changes to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Provide technical training on any elements or characteristics of the APM systems. Communicate recommended or mandated changes in procedures or maintenance activities to technical and supervisory staff. Identify the need for and facilitate additional training as procedures change.
- Trace and interpret complex electrical and/signal processing schematics.
- Provide backup supervisory or managerial services in the absence of shift Supervisor or Manager as requested.
Other duties may include:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify Supervisor/Manager of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This position may be responsible for the daily operation of the assigned shift by directing subordinate staff, usually 15 to 20 employees in the absence of the shift supervisor and O&M Manager.
Tools and Equipment used:
Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS), computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, usual office equipment, micrometers, oscilloscopes, analyzers, calipers, power tools and hand tools necessary to perform electro-mechanical and maintenance services.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering from an accredited institution. *CMSI requires copy of acquired degree and or certification prior to the employment.
- Prior use of complicated drawings, a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and knowledge of electromechanical equipment and processes
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret complex schematics.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in electromechanical field required.
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to secure and maintain airport security clearance.
- Must be able to pass post-offer criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass post-offer drug/alcohol test, physical exam, and Ishihara test (Red Green).
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English language fluently.
- Prior APM experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with help occasionally.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather), moving mechanical parts and the risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (nonweather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,000.00 - $79,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- • Do you have bachelor's degree in electrical/mechanical engineering?
- • How many years of electromechanical experience do you have?
- • Are you able to read, understand, and interpret complex electrical schematics?
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person